4 Way Telecaster Switch

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by JVjunky, Jul 13, 2019 at 1:49 PM.

1. JVjunky

JVjunky Squier Talker

Apr 30, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Does anyone know where I can get a 4 way import size/shape switch for my 1999 Indonesian
    Squier Standard Telecaster?

The control cavity is only 30mm deep and all of the switches I've come across seem to be at least 34mm. Or could I use a 5 way import switch and wire the neck and bridge in series in position 1 and 5??

2. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    I don't think you are going to find a 4-way that will fit a 30mm route cavity. I did run into the exact problem w/ my buddies Tele I helped him build. The raw pine body he got was a bit thinner than the standard tele body, and hence the route was too shallow for the 4-way. I searched and searched, and ended up having to use a cheap import 3-way switch.

This is the O-G 4-way switch dimensions:

Oak Grigsby 4-way 2-pole Lever Switch
    A popular mod for Tele®!
    Adds a fourth "fat tone" selection.

Along with the three standard pickup selection positions (bridge / bridge+neck / neck), it adds a fourth position that combines the bridge and neck pickups in series, for a fatter tone. Black "barrel" and "top-hat" knobs, mounting screws and wiring diagram included.

Specifications
    [​IMG]
    Body cavity depth required 1-7/16" (36.51mm)
    [​IMG]
    Mounting screw spacing 1-5/8" (41.28mm)
    [​IMG]
    Lever stem .050" x .190" (1.27mm x 4.82mm)
    [​IMG]
    Pickguard slot required 1/16" x 1-1/16" (1.59mm x 26.99mm) (for the lever)

JVjunky likes this.
  3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

You can use a push-pull or push-push pot instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice