SOLD 2018 Squier Standard Telecaster (Customized)

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by Conghaille, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    Well, it's time to start cleaning house again. I'm letting this go as-is.

The platform for this build is a 2018 Squier Tele standard in vintage blonde. It is configured to be a solid, flexible rock and roll machine.

I replaced the pickups with a SD Lil' 59'er in the bridge and a SD Quarter Pound Tele neck. The neck pickup is more articulate, less dark, and has higher output than a typical Tele neck, but not so much as to compare to a P90. The bridge has an overall good PAF output, with perhaps a little more mid-range in the EQ.

The electronics are configured with a 3-way switch, 1 vol, 1 tone. I didn't do any splitting. I believe that the pickup is a 4-lead and can be split, but confirming that is up to the buyer.

The tuning machines were upgraded to GFS locking tuners. The String trees were upgraded to GFS rolling trees. The saddles were upgraded to GFS solid saddles.

The nut was replaced with a GraphTech Tusq nut.

Plastics were changed, including the black pickguard and black Gibson-style top-hats. Also, the chromed control plate was replaced with a black metal plate.

I installed Fender (Schaller-style) strap lock buttons. I will include one set of strap adapters.

I've polished frets and taken care of limited sprout. I've smoothed out the back of the neck, so it plays really nice and fast. It's setup, and I would say the action is not super low (because I wanted this to be a hard hitting rhythm guitar), but I'm sure it can be lowered from where it is.

NOTE: I know this will bend some people out of shape, but it has a Fender Telecaster waterslide decal on the front of the headstock. This was done simple for aesthetic reasons, as I HATE the block-letter Telecaster logo on the original instrument. If you don't like this situation, there's no reason to get bent out of shape--you may move on or buy it as is and change it back. But I am making clear again that, in line with the SN and information on the back of the headstock (as seen in the attached pictures, this is a Squier Standard Tele.

I want to make some space in my home and I want to make someone happy with a pretty great guitar, so I'm letting this go for $100 + shipping (and insurance or anything else you want applied). (USPS or UPS are preferred, but I will work with you on what you want.)

I'd prefer to go through PayPal and invoice for this.

If you are interested, PM me. Come get a bangin' little guitar for the cost of a pickup!

Oh and if you're wondering why not keep this...I have acquired another instrument recently and am looking at two more, so while this is a really fun guitar, I just need the space.

Thanks much!

IMG_1931.JPEG IMG_1935.JPEG IMG_1934.JPEG IMG_1937.JPEG IMG_1941.JPEG

JBrooks, Best1989, Treynor and 10 others like this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
  3. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
  4. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
  5. frankthedog

frankthedog Squier-Nut

May 17, 2010
    SE Ohio
    What a good deal and I love that song!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Flying Z, SquierTap and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  6. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    How much does it weigh ?

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  7. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
  8. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    Smokin' deal! So who is the lucky new owner?

9. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    Eddie won the sprint to my inbox by less than a minute. Thanks everyone for looking.

Go check out the little strat copy if you want some cheap GAS relief. ;)

10. wickedtools

wickedtools Squier-holic

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Congrats @Eddie :) Just because I was getting my haircut you beat me to it:D

drewcp and Eddie like this.
  11. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    Congrats to @Eddie that's a killer guitar.

Kenneth Mountain, drewcp and Eddie like this.
  12. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-Nut

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    Man, what a beauty.

Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  13. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Congrats @Eddie Let me know her weight out of curiosity please.

Flow

Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice