2000 bullet strat

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by horax, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Rollmeaway

Rollmeaway Squier-Nut

Feb 7, 2016
    Fayetteville, NC
    Very simple to make it a string through. A drill press or even a drill guide with a hand drill will work. Take the saddles off, string it up and mark where the strings line up. I used a standard 6" machinist rule to mark where to make the line to cross the string lines. Use a center punch to mark where your drill goes. Protect the back of the guitar with tape and a piece of wood to keep it from chipping. Drill through the bridge, then drill for the ferrules.

Smooth and shape the holes where the strings come through the bridge plate, or the sharp edge from drilling it will eventually cut the strings.

I think it sounds better than when it was a top loader.

dbrian66 and horax like this.
  2. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas Coast
    dbrian66 and squierbilly like this.
  3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    It's crazy that we all like different things, lol... I'd really love that bridge... It's a 2 point, (So I guess that makes it a Standard Series, right?) And it's a hardtail, which I love... And it kinda gives me GAS for a red Strat, never owned one... Congrats on the Strat... And the wife... Lol...

dbrian66 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice