1988 Roy Buchanan Ticket

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by bgmacaw, Jun 14, 2019 at 6:43 AM.

1. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2018
    GA USA
    While cleaning out some old stuff last night I ran across this concert ticket I had saved. It was an amazing concert. The sad thing is that less than a month later, on August 14th, he was dead.

20190613_201745.jpg

2. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    You could buy 2 hours of genius for $10.00-12.00, back then. It's a shame that he never really seemed to find peace and that he's gone.

five teles and squierplayer like this.
  3. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

That's somewhere around when I saw him open for Johnny Winter at the Warner Theater in DC. Jorma Kaukonen and Paul Kantner opened for Roy with an acoustic set.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:21 AM
    five teles and squierplayer like this.
  4. squierplayer

squierplayer Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I never got to see Roy live. I think that I may have been to the end of the internet about him. LOL. Man that guy could play music I like to hear! Sad end to his life.

five teles likes this.
  5. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    Saw him back in the '70's. I was totally blown away, one of the best guitar players we will ever know. This song is one of my favorites.

6. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Squier-holic

Agreed, and with the Vibrolux turned away from the audience as he often did.

squierplayer likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice