12 string

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Eddie, Dec 14, 2018.

1. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    Here are the promised photos: 009.JPG 008.JPG 010.JPG

Cobra, jefffam, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.
  2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have the same, 80s MIK Sigma 12 string. I repaired the brace recently, and old bridge finally broke under full pressure. Hope to get it running soon—it sounds great.

jefffam, dbrian66 and Caddy like this.
  3. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    I think I’d like to be able to play a 12 string, but I’m hopeless at just 6 strings, 12 strings would be for another division to me lol

jefffam, dbrian66 and Eddie like this.
  4. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    For anyone interested, MF has these on sale now for $79.99. I got them to reimburse me the difference from when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago.

I just smoothed the fret ends with my new Stew-Mac fret end file, what a difference that and a new set of Martin strings make!

jefffam, Caddy, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York

That's fantastic. Glad they made it right. This 12 string is totally worth it. I can't get pre-owned 12 strings for this price ... let alone a new one. For the price, it's a great value. Totally worth the $80 ... :)

6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Hold it !!! MF is offering this for $79.99 AND 15% off. That's $12 off. The guitar is $67.99.

Frak, do I need another one ???

OK ... fudge that. Only on qualifying orders. I tried to order another one with the discount code, and it doesn't apply. Oh well ... ha ha

jefffam, johnnywizzo and Taurus like this.
  7. Taurus

Taurus Squier-Nut

Sep 8, 2018
    Liverpool, United Kingdom
    Something cool I saw, is they’re selling an Epiphone SG double neck, one with dounble P90’s 6 string, and the top neck with double humbuckers 12 string. I think it’s a limited edition but was a bit expensive

Don’t know if they’re still selling them new here in the UK but since you’re in America sure you could get one :) came to my head cos it’s pretty unique too

jefffam and Eddie like this.
  8. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    The Sigma was a pretty decent guitar..It was the one that I recommended to my students back then..All they needed was a little tweaking..

jefffam, Caddy, Pat V. and 1 other person like this.
  9. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    I still have a 1979 made in Japan Sigma Martin D-18 that I bought back then. Was played and gigged a bunch and sounds great, but really needs the first five or six frets replaced now. Even has some divots worn in the fretboard.

10. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Correction on my Sigma Martin D-18. Made in 1978 in Japan.

11. techowiz

techowiz Squier-Nut

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Eddie - i don't believe the 15% off coupon will be applied to the $79.99 sale price...

Eddie likes this.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    You're right. I was disappointed. :(

johnnywizzo likes this.
  13. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Yeah, It seems like the ones I remember from then were from Japan..
    Been too long ago for my feeble old brain..

14. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    From 1970 through 1983 they were made in Japan, then in Korea until 1994, then Taiwan until 2007, then Indonesia for the last year.

15. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    Eddie, if you really want another one, the $12 difference is not worth denying yourself. That would be lunch for one person. I really like mine, and actually considered buying a second. But every now and then, I have to stop myself...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice