10 days without playing.

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Tconroy, Oct 12, 2019 at 5:29 PM.

1. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    Went up to Indiana to see my Grandson and visit for a while. Left Wednesday before last and got home Last Monday. Got back and had to mow the yard, put in a new toilet and sink along with a few other things so I didnt get to play till last night, 10 days without touching a guitar!!! Also I hurt my middle finger back in the end of February and it has been hurting ever since so this gave me a break to really rest it. All I can say is it felt great! The finger is stronger and doesn't hurt hardly at all and my playing was actually better than I thought it was going to be. I did loose some muscle memory when it came to the harder solos like in Pride and Joy and Texas Flood but that will come back soon. Just need to practice those a few times That was the LONGEST I have not played in three years. So if something happens and you cant play for a long time, dont worry! It wont take long to get back on track. I was getting really depressed that my finger was never going to feel better but its looking good and feels real stabil. Cant wait to get home and play today. I got my favorite guitar in the stand, hooked up and ready to jam!

2. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
    Sometimes life gets in the way. I actually like breaks every now and then, I go through stages where I'll want to play for 3 or 4 hours a day and then I don't want to pick it up for several days at a time.

radiotech and Eddie like this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Agreed. Same here. But it's nice to know the guitars are always there for me.

I still have dreams of being a rock star ... albeit, a little less hair and a little more girth.

[​IMG]

4. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    The good thing is that everything sounds soo good! The amp sounds so clear and full because I havent heard it in 10 days. Sometimes when I get home from a hard day at work and try to play everything sounds like crap. But I know its just me so I dont turn knobs to try to make it sound better. I was toying with going to physical therapy and paying out of pocket. Thats how bad my finger hurt. Couldn't put my hand in my pocket without pain. Now there is very little pain and it almost feels normal again.

5. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Yeah it's been about 12 days I haven't even picked up my guitar let alone plugged it in.

Sometimes not just life, try goverment coups/take over, civil unrest and martial law!!

I am in Ecuador, we are stuck in our houses, luckily water has been restored and we have plenty of food.

Waking up this morning and trying to feel normal for a minute and check out the forums but it is a strange feeling to be living this situation.

Eddie likes this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Wow, I hope you're in a resort in Ecuador. Is this a vacation? Family trip?

7. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-Nut

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    Oh man, didn't know the situation was like that up there. I've been disconnected from news in the last weeks. Hopefully everything will get better soon!

8. drneilmb

drneilmb Squier-Meister

Jun 8, 2019
    Iowa, USA
    That's really scary, a good perspective on the things that matter. Safety, water, food,..., then guitars.

I hope you and the people you love are safe.

9. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Sometimes I go a few days without playing . Mostly work related stuff or family outings.

I do however find it is inspiring and the playing is enjoyed even more jam.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice