Fender® Squier® Guitar and Bass Forum

Go Back   Fender® Squier® Guitar and Bass Forum > Squier Discussion Forums > Squier Stratocasters
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Squier Stratocasters All kinds of Squier Strats discussed here -- Standard, Bullet, Affinity, Artist, Obey, Classic Vibe, ProTone and Mini discussion.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Squier Talker

Default GFS import brass block for Squier Standard Stratocaster??

Hello to all from Spain¡¡¡I also have a doubt with GFS's trem block¡¡¡I have ordered for the brass import GFS trem block (D73),for my Squier Standard Stratocaster.Well,my Squier Standard Stratocaster has the same bridge that the Squier Deluxe Stratocaster (2 point tremolo system)....At least ... for the photos and videoes that I have seen of both models (Standard and Deluxe) and comparing both guitars I am practically sure that take the same bridge¡¡¡But always I still have a small doubt...Does someone know with certainty if both guitars take the same bridge?someone knows that pus to install it well in my Squier Standard ...??? I am a bit worried because not if it is the block adapted for my Standard Stratocaster ... I wait that if .... please, I am grateful very much for your help and opinions .... thank you very much and pardon for my bad english¡¡¡bye¡¡

fuzzmariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Squier-holic

Sorry fuzzmariachi, the GFS trem block will not fit the Standard Squier, and I don't know if it will fit the Deluxe. Someone here already tried it and had to send it back.
edandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Squier Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edandis View Post
Sorry fuzzmariachi, the GFS trem block will not fit the Standard Squier, and I don't know if it will fit the Deluxe. Someone here already tried it and had to send it back.
How? Is true....wow....now if I'm really confused....if you tell me this as it is possible that a member of this forum states that the import steel trem block (d-30), which is the same that I have ordered ... the only difference is that mine is brass ... fits perfectly into your Deluxe, which has the same bridge that my Standard Stratocaster....??the specific person is 1935streetrod and says this:

"I just put a GFS steel block on my white squier deluxe and it went on without a hitch. The only difference is that the original trem arm won't fit because the hole and threads are a different size. But the one that came witn my CV fits perfectly. I haven't broken any strings and everything measured up the same and seems in line. I put the third spring on and no longer float the trem. It does have better sustain and sounds much better IMO".

and this:
"Yes indeed it was a D-30 steel block only that I put on the deluxe.
I ordered a a steel and brass block at the same time and intended to put the steel one on my CV60's. Well, the trem hole wouldn't line up on the CV, so I went ahead and just got the D-45 import whole assembly for the CV and used the D-30 block on the deluxe. I hope this clears it up for ya".

Someone can help me or tell me more ... I am very confused .... thanks

P.D:edandis,thanks for your answer¡¡¡bye¡¡¡
Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old 10-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
formerly dannyvawn

Some people have had luck. I did not. I have a Standard and the GFS block did not fit. It bolted on but the string holes were not perfect. I tried a new one and one that I have on another guitar. No good. GFS will tell you they do not fit.
I bought one from Killerguitarcomponents.com and it was perfect and I can hear the difference but it was $76 US. A lot of people complain about the price but I say you cant put a price on tone so I can usually tell how serious a player is just by their comments and wanting to upgrade but not by spending $$$$. You want a perfect fit? Buy one that was made to specs.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Squier-holic

so out of the 3 blocks GFS makes, none will fit????
Old 10-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
formerly dannyvawn

All I am saying is out of the two that I tried neither fit perfect. Ask GFS for yourself. Unless they have new info, they will tell you the same. I can only go by what I tried. I would rather spend $25 instead of $75. All I know is I expect a perfect fit and theirs didnt do it for me. KGC's are spec'd exactly.
Some people may argue but not one of them has seen or even touched my standard.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Squier-holic

and I can see that, my white squier, I have to remove some wood from the sides of the trem cavitiy so it will fit, this weekends project, which totally baffles me because it dropped right in my black one...go figure..but the 2 bodies have a ten year difference...
Old 10-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Squier-Meister

If the US would start using the metric system like the rest of the civilized world, we wouldn't have these problems. Even the British are using it now, come on guys lol
Croppertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Squier-holic

Hey Fuzz, Dannydawn is correct that the D-30 block was a close fit on the Deluxe, and he did have hole alignment issues. I guess luck was on my side when I swapped out my block, although it is very close on the cavity sides, I had no hole alignment problems.
Can't be sure how the brass block will fit your standard, but it is the same size block as the steel one that worked on my two point trem system. So good luck with your mod, and let us know if it works for you.

1935streetrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Squier Talker

FWIW, I just tried using the D-30 steel block on two SEs. It worked on one but not on the other. Strange...
rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Squier Talker

Hi guys¡¡¡thank you very much everyone for your answers and your help¡¡¡at least you are giving me some hope ....¡¡¡ 1935streetrod, I hope to be one of the fortunate as you and get lucky on the installation of my brass import GFS trem block...¡¡¡ as you say, the brass block should have the same size as your block of steel ... and both are size "import"...¡¡¡the truth is that if it's strange that fit a guitar and sometimes not even be exactly the same ... anyway ... By the way, and it's worth, I say that my model is the Squier Standard Stratocaster Limited Edition Black and Chrome ... I hope be lucky if someone can give me some advice or opinion but I am still very grateful¡¡¡thank you very much everyone again and greetings from Spain¡¡¡bye¡¡
Old 10-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dr. Squier

If not you could maybe just get a different bridge plate, would be cheaper than shipping back the block and all the business involved in that.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Squier Talker

Hi guys¡¡¡am writing to tell you that I have received the GFS import brass trem block and fits well¡¡¡I'm very happy I've only been screwed to the bridge plate to check all screws, arm holes tremolo, etc work fine ... I still can not install it on the guitar. I have not the body of the guitar at the moment because a friend is going to paint the body of the guitar in vintage white with nitrocellulose paint ... like fender guitars were painted in the beginning...¡¡¡I've also ordered a mint green pickguard¡¡¡always liked that combination of colors and now I have the chance I'm going to do...¡¡¡not wait to see the completed job....the only problem is that my friend would take two weeks to finish the job ... so I must be very patient...I say as you see the guitar with his new color¡¡¡ thank you very much everyone for your help¡¡¡you have been very friendly¡¡¡ bye¡¡¡
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente
Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Squier-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzmariachi View Post
Hi guys¡¡¡am writing to tell you that I have received the GFS import brass trem block and fits well¡¡¡I'm very happy I've only been screwed to the bridge plate to check all screws, arm holes tremolo, etc work fine ... I still can not install it on the guitar. I have not the body of the guitar at the moment because a friend is going to paint the body of the guitar in vintage white with nitrocellulose paint ... like fender guitars were painted in the beginning...¡¡¡I've also ordered a mint green pickguard¡¡¡always liked that combination of colors and now I have the chance I'm going to do...¡¡¡not wait to see the completed job....the only problem is that my friend would take two weeks to finish the job ... so I must be very patient...I say as you see the guitar with his new color¡¡¡ thank you very much everyone for your help¡¡¡you have been very friendly¡¡¡ bye¡¡¡
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente
Be sure and post pics when you get it put back together.
Tele Style Parts Caster
jimbojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Squier-Nut

Hey fuzz. How did it work out. Did it all fit as well as it seemed? Show us some pictures
nomadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Squier-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzmariachi View Post
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente
Vintage white...mint greeen guard....YES! Si Senor! This will be one gorgeous guitar- I think vintage white, after we see the images of Hendrix playing that color at Monterey, to me is unbeatable.

Correction: vintage white, 3 tone sunburst are to my mind, the eternal classics....as well as of course daphne blue, sonic blue, candy apple red, fiesta red, black, olympic white, seafoam green, shell pink, natural, and shoreline gold. Oh, and also arctic white and also metalic green, silver and lake placid blue. Sorry these are the only Strat colors I like. Oh, and 2 tone sunburst is awesome too. And cherryburst is spectacular as well; All the other strat colors are terrible

P.S. Vintage White is to me, the holy and divine Strat color that is indelible from my psyche, after witnessing the shots of Jimi playing that Strat at Monterey IMO. GOOD COLOR CHOICE, Fuzz! You must post pics of finished guitar or you are in breach of international Squier-talk law, just a friendly warning -Strad

Last edited by stradovarious; 03-16-2011 at 12:29 AM..
stradovarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Squier-holic

The best bet is to order the complete import tremolo assembly. You get new saddles (an upgrade over the stock pot metal ones), and the new arm you would need anyway and the block. That way it will fit as long as the guitar has the six-point trem. It is not that much more money than just the block and new arm, and that way everything fits.